Libraries are increasingly offering digital lending using services like Overdrive and Hoopla to allow patrons to borrow audiobooks (plus ebooks and other digital media) for free. Guest Mark Siegal joins me to discuss tips for using these services. We also discuss the recently awarded 2018 Hugo Awards, 1943 Retro Hugo Awards, and recent audiobook news.
A discussion of audiobooks for kids including listening tips and spoiler-free book recommendations. We also discuss podcast updates.
- Libby - Library ebooks and audiobooks
- Hoopla - Instant streaming library audiobooks (and more)
- A to Z Mysteries
- Clementine series
- Disney*Pixar Storybook Collection
- Curious George Rides a Bike
- Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel
- Wild Robot
- Judy Moody
- Harry Potter
- The Tale of Despereaux
- The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane